Upper level undergraduate or beginning graduate students: review some of the concepts and skills in several areas of mathematics as well as the basics of some software like Matlab, Mathematica, R.
This course contains some tutorial material hve very detailed solutions for most problems, and sometimes the amount of details is amazing. Some with more than one solutions and comments. This tutorial is part of the materials used for the class.
This course will be valuable for engineering, physics, chemistry, finance, economics students as well as for math majors.
- Elementary mathematics: selected problems with connection to calculus or linear algebra, number theory.
- Calculus, examples from single variable to multi-variable calculus.
- Combinatorics and discrete math
- Real analysis
- Complex analysis, with a few examples from analytic number theory.
- Laplace, Fourier and Z-transforms with applications
- Ordinary differential equations
- Partial differential equations
- Linear Algebra
- Abstract algebra
- Number theory
- Probability and statistics
- Other (Set theory, Logic...)